Woolf Group are working in partnership with a FinTech who have created a cutting-edge digital banking platform and digital marketplace that is utilised by the largest financial services organisations and corporations globally.
They are looking to add a Data / Back-End Engineer to their team to be responsible for building their data and machine learning pipelines. This person should be able to write clean, maintainable, and robust code in Python, Scala, Java, NodeJS or similar languages.
Please find some insights from our client into this position below and send your application through for more information……
The Tech stack you'll work with:
- Most of our data pipes are still being worked on, so you will help to define the tech stack.
- We are currently using Snowflake as our data warehouse, hosted on AWS. Most of our data work is carried out in SQL and Python, with a bit of PySpark. Our backend development teams generally use NodeJS with Postgres as our preferred database.
Who You'll Work With
- You will work within our engineering team, splitting your time between in-house projects and client work. You will be responsible for building our data and machine learning pipelines.
- Additionally, your role will involve liaising with front end and back end engineering teams within our client’s teams to implement your data pipelines and ensure that they are used effectively.
As a Data/Backend Engineer you will…
- Partner with our clients, from data owners and users to C-level executives, to understand their needs and build impactful analytics solutions
- Design and build data pipelines to support data science projects following software engineering best practices
- Use state of the art technologies to acquire, ingest and transform big datasets
- Map data fields to hypothesis, curate, wrangle and prepare data to be used in advanced analytics models
- Create and manage data environments in the cloud or on premise
- Ensure information security standards are maintained at all time
- Contribute to cross-functional problem-solving sessions with your team and deliver presentations to colleagues and clients
- Be flexible to travel to our clients' offices to deliver presentations, gather information or share knowledge
- Have the opportunity to contribute to R&D and internal asset development projects
We are looking for the below experience…
- Previous commercial experience in a data-driven role
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Familiarity with the main cloud computing providers. We use AWS but knowledge of GCP/Azure would be advantageous
- Confirmed experience building data pipelines in production and ability to work across
- structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Experience preparing data for analytics and following a data science workflow
- Commercial client-facing or senior stakeholder management experience