Our client are creating a new technology advisory services capability, specifically focussed around
technology modernisation & cloud migration
They are building the technology that allows everyone to access the best financial products for them,
and we want to hear from capable, creative people who want to help us accomplish this mission.
About the role:
You will be responsible for architecting and implementing solutions that will have a real and
measurable commercial benefit around the development, delivery and ongoing evolution of client
core propositions, products and services.
Working within a focussed Chapter, you will leverage your Financial Services industry experience,
shape and implement changes to engineering processes, procedures and tooling that will support
uplift in delivery quality, delivery velocity and delivery certainty of client Engineering teams.
The Chapter will be working in a distributed and time-offset manner and will involve technology
modernisation, delivery modernisation and cloud engineering.
• You are an Engineer at heart…someone who is an experienced and passionate
Developer, and someone who fosters effective collaboration across your teams. You
will have a track record of demonstrating how to apply engineering discipline to
solving problems or unlocking opportunities.
• For Senior/Lead Engineers, you will have experience forming and growing teams by
attracting, organising, managing and motivating fellow Engineers. You will work with
the Chapter Lead to grow and develop this team by introducing new talent, ideas
• Ideally you come from a Financial Services background and have experience in product
development within the Wealth Management domain, whether as a services or
• You like to take ownership… to be accountable for the quality of your output and how
your solutions can be re-used across the wider client portfolio.
General skills and experience
• Degree level education
• Proven extensive experience in Java development
• Proven Wealth Management / Investment Banking experience
• Strong focus around delivery automation & supporting toolsets
• Able to work in a distributed team and time offset environment
Tech skills - you don't need to have them all, but ideally will have experience in at least a
few of these areas
• Experience in Spring, Struts or equivalent J2EE framework
• Good knowledge of Relational Databases (Oracle) and ORM technologies
• Good knowledge of Java and J2EE internals (Clustering, EJB Life Cycle, Memory
Management, Transaction management, etc.)
• Experience with dependency injections frameworks, ideally: Spring, Guice, HK2
• Experience with Fluent Interface design pattern
• Experience of Code Generation Framework
• Experience building through intuitive Domain-Specific Language (DSL)
• Experience with Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
Other skills and experience (desired but not required):
• No-SQL database (MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.)
• Messaging technologies (Tibco, Solace, MQ)