The client believes deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success. To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigour. The Client in question is a rewarding place to work, where quality people can thrive and prosper.
The Infrastructure team has the responsibility to run, manage and maintain all systems and services related to Technology Infrastructure. This not only involves day to day BAU but ongoing projects connected to office moves, home working, return to office, new systems, new software, separation etc.
New joiners will be required to work with, support and enhance the existing Technology Infrastructure systems and services operated.
- Managing calls / e-mails and tickets.
- Provide 1st / 2nd line resolution to fixes required for the business.
- Responsible for maintaining and following up issues related to Infrastructure checks.
- Work with the business and help define out Technical / Technical Infrastructure requirements
- Work closely with Information Security team to review and remediate issues that come up
- Help formulate Technical requirements into Technical Infrastructure solutions
- Where new Technical requirements have been identified and agreed, help to understand the scope of work that can be achieved within the team and those that need to be carried out by our service organizations.
- Take ownership for technical issues and follow through to resolution.
- Maintain and manage support issues on behalf of the business
- Infrastructure for requests and issue management and escalations where necessary.
- Helping to keep detailed logs on support activities, analyse trends and proactively identify areas for improvement.
- Maintaining and keeping records of any KPI sets for the department
- Technical Support and liaison for
- Desktops / Screens / Printers
- Microsoft Technologies
- Telephony including Softphone technologies
- Proprietary systems
- Cloud Systems
- Market Data
- Zoom / Teams
- Meeting Room Support (Poly and Zoom)
- Adopting and championing IT policies being introduced and deliver within the business.
- Be organized, and follow up and update multiple open items.
In general, we are looking for smart, commercial, problem-solving-oriented, “get-things-done” candidates with the right attitude to deal with staff, customers and suppliers.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Have experience of Microsoft Technologies including Desktop and Server.
- Confident with Technical Infrastructure to lead and direct suppliers around solutions.
- Have clear understanding of Infrastructure technologies, including, Cloud, Networking, TCP/IP, Firewalls and Information Security.
- Ability to work as part of an extended IT team with shared strategy and vision.
- Ability to negotiate with business and suppliers on matters of downtime and upgrades.
- Ability to work shifts as required by the changing demands of the business.
- Appreciation for the importance of using documentation and other communication channels to keep the business updated about infrastructure, security, and other related topics.
- Broad knowledge of workplace and technology services and their role and future potential in the business – desktop systems, email/market data/remote access/telephony and mobile services.
- Interested in IT support
- Be prepared to work part of a team covering business operations from 07:30 to 19:00 and occasional weekend working.
- Ability to demonstrate a structured approach to Change Management.
- Flexible to work from the office and home as required.
- Confident and accommodating with business / senior manager and key stakeholders.
- Used to working in a fast paced environment but still following processes.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following skills a bonus:
- Microsoft Teams
- Group Policy
- Rapid 7
- AWS / Azure