DC - 200
up to £220 Per Day
Major Financial Services company is looking for a Data Centre Infrastructure Engineer for a long term contract. Outside IR35.
- To carry out installation, termination, testing, recovery and relocation activities.
- New Infrastructure Installation
- Projects and all hardware installations.
- Equipment Move - Move of installed hardware from one DC to another.
- Decommission - To remove an asset from the DC and dispose or assign to stores for re-use.
- Remote Hands - Any activity not captured clearly in other catalogue items such as audits or status checks.
- HW Fault Support - Device investigation including urgent service impacting requests.
- Configuration - Configuration of servers / switches / appliances.Management and update of firmware.
- HW Diagnosis - A request to diagnose an unknown problem.
- OS Installation - Installation of Operating System as defined in request.
- Housekeeping of assets, consumables and spares in workshopsEnsure all materials moved to or from stores are recorded in the myStores system
- Routine health checks of DC hardwareMaintaining labs for mass rollout and offline fixes
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Compliance requirements for Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Data Protection aspects of their job, function and location
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and statutory obligations
Qualifications, Knowledge Skills & Experience Required
- Good communication skills with employees, contractors, suppliers and customers
- Self and time management skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Experience is preferred in a similar role including as appropriate server and ethernet switch configurations, connectivity, hardware and the associated standards
- Criminal & Financial vetted and approved
- Completion of training and governance requirements
- Familiar with HP, IBM, Quanta, Cisco, Dell and Huawei equipment