DCIE - 1D21-12D
£210 to £220 Per Day
Data Centre Engineer required for a long term assignment in a Financial Services Data Centre based in Narborough.
Day to day duties include:
- New Infrastructure Installation - Projects and all Server hardware installations.
- Equipment Moves - Move of installed hardware from one DC to another.
- Configuration of servers / switches / appliances. Management and update of firmware.
- Fault Support - Device investigation including urgent service impacting requests.
- Installation of Operating Systems
- Rack installation and commission
- Updating/ Editing of records in various systems, Aperture/imVision/Remedy (training given)
- Documentation upkeep (required as part of BAU process)
- Tracking of daily activities, task completion and updates
- Ideally good operational knowledge of data centre environments
- Ideally good data centre best practices and industry standards, ie; hot and cold aisles, cooling, power, patching methods, security, health and safety, etc